|Hide module on Main Page:||No|
- 1 Short Description
- 2 Business Description
- 3 Custom Actions
- 4 Processes
- 5 Related Features
- 6 Related Integrations
- 7 Structure
- 8 Mentioned in other articles
- 9 Technical Description
- 10 Dev Notes
The Notes module is a simple feature that allows users to quickly add comments, explanations, or simple summaries under a record, providing users with up-to-date information about the record
Accessing the Notes Module: The Notes module can be accessed from the navigation bar at the top of the page or through a quick creation button located near the main search bar. Within the module, users can create new notes, view a list of all notes, or import them into another tool.
Creating a Note: To create a note, users have access to the following fields:
- Related To: This field helps associate the note with another module. By default, options such as tasks, email, projects, project tasks, meetings, phone calls, recruitment, candidates, and ideas are available. After selecting the module to link the note with, users can add a relationship to a specific record, such as a candidate. This will automatically assign the note to the respective candidate.
- Subject: This field is used to enter the subject or title of the note.
- Attachment: Notes can include attachments, enhancing the capabilities of the module.
- Note: This descriptive field contains the actual content of the note.
- Assigned To: This field allows users to select the person to whom the note should be assigned. By default, the field populates with the currently logged-in user.
Note Creation from Subpanels: Notes can be created not only within the Notes module itself but also from subpanels in related modules. For example, under a phone call or a meeting module, users can access subpanels, including the Notes subpanel. Clicking on "Create Note" or "Attach" will open a quick create view where the note is automatically linked to the specific module and record. After saving, the note will be visible in both the subpanel under the record and the Notes module
- Can I add multiple notes under one record?
- Yes, you can add multiple notes for each record.
- Can I add multiple attachments to a note?
- No, only one attachment can be added to each note.
- Can one note be associated with multiple records?
- No, one note can only be associated with a single record.
Related Process Steps
|Display in Portal?||bool||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Embed in email?||bool||No||Yes||Yes|
|Parent Type||parent type||No||Yes||Yes|
|Calls||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Call||Relationship: Calls - Notes|
|Candidates||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Candidate||Relationship: Candidates - Notes|
|Candidatures||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Candidature||Relationship: Candidatures - Notes|
|Emails||one-to-many||Notes||One Email record can have many related Note records, but a specific Note record can be related to only one Email record.||Relationship: Emails - Notes|
|Ideas||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Idea||Relationship: Ideas - Notes|
|Meetings||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Meeting||Relationship: Meetings - Notes|
|Projects||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Project||Relationship: Project - Notes|
|Project Tasks||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Project Task||Relationship: ProjectTask - Notes|
|Recruitments||one-to-many||Notes||Flex relate used in Recruitment||Relationship: Recruitments - Notes|
|Tasks||one-to-many||Notes||One Task record can have many related Note records, but a specific Note record can be related to only one Task record.||Relationship: Tasks - Notes|
|Users||one-to-many||Notes||Specific Sugar user can be assigned to many account records, but specific account record can only have one user assigned.||Relationship: Users - Notes|
|Users||one-to-many||Notes||Specific Sugar user can modify many account records, but specific account record last modification was performed by specific user.||Relationship: Users - Notes|
|Users||one-to-many||Notes||Specific Sugar user can create many account records, but specific account record can be created by only one user.||Relationship: Users - Notes|